Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Avenue des Champs Élysées


Salut Mes Amis!

Apologies for not updating. The past 2 weeks have not been so good, as my quad injury became worse. Other than that, all's been good and I went up to Paris last week to visit my brother-in-law. It was truely an eye-opener, seeing all the monuments in real life.

Eiffel Tower, everyone wants a piece of it when they get to Paris. It was nice seeing it, but I didn't get the chance to go up because the queue was really long and I would hope to go up there with my special one. Anyway, I got to touch the top of it though, I mean from afar. The amazing thing about the Eiffel is how they built it in the past without the necessary machinery and technology, what a piece of metal it is!


Next up was the famous Champs-Elysees. I must say that on the TDF, they make it look real easy to ride on these "smooth" cobbles. I kept on going up and down and up and down, trying to 'feel' how the PROs feel. The first day I went there close to noon after training and it was packed with cars!! The second day I went there again around 7am before I head out to training to avoid the traffic and did some nice loops there!! Uphill to the Arc du Triomphe and down the other side to Concorde. Nice!

The POLYGON, looking sharp as always, not afraid of the cobbles.


Ok and I am kinda lazy to explain the other stuff, but a picture paints a 1000 words doesn't it?

The Louvre, what amazing creativity and imagination to build this place.

I travelled around in 1 of these bicycles sometimes, cool stuff, 1 euro per day, free for next 1/2 an hour, so must change bike every half hour if I was going to take longer than that!!So yes, you have to charge along the cobbles to save time and money, now you know why the french cyclists are so strong!

It was also really nice to see part of my family again. I really miss home alot, and to see my brother-in-law was really nice. We had meals together, walked around abit and he showed me around abit as he knew the place better than I do. On the way back, I took a train and had to cover the bicycle. So I have to use a bedsheet, and don't ask where I got it from.


Hope all's going well for the rest of the OCBC guys. National Champs this weekend at Sengkang! My favourite loop for doing intervals! Bon Courage!!

Looking forward to seeing Junrong and Jud next weekend!

1 comment: