Monday, January 11, 2010

The time, the friend.

This is the first time in my life I felt lost in time when we came here. I always thought that the australian time is 2 hours ahead of Singapore time and since the time we touched down, I've made that assumption. On Saturday, we were suppose to go riding at 9am in the morning with David's colleague and other room-mate, Klaus. I planned to get up at 730am but somehow got stuck in bed till 8am. Then I heard someone knocking on our door, all geared up to go riding. "Tim, Adi, are you still going to ride?" (with a slight German accent) We jumped out of bed and told him it was only 8am, but he said it was 9 and confirmed with David as well that it was 9am.

We then quickly changed up and decided to ride at 10am instead. Indeed, the australian time is 3 hours ahead of Singapore time and we have been late for 1 hour on every occasion since we touched down. What a sotong....

Ok, I shall talk more about Klaus. This German chap is a 40 year old engineer that speaks pretty good english but still learning and gets lost in his sentences at times. Anyway, I found him really irritating at first because he gets really to comfortable with people at times and always like to lay down "ground rules" before doing anything. For instance, before saturday's ride, he made us sit at the table to standardize the signals we will use when riding on the roads and it was really detailed, like having to keep the extreme end of the handlebar 0.4m from the white lin by the side of the road......what the...

I really felt uncomfortable with him at first, but i thought that he had really good intentions, just that he gets abit too nervous and intense at times. Over a short 2 days, I got to know him abit better and understood where he's coming from. Klaus is not that bad afterall, at least for now.=)

Oh yes I found a gym today, abit expensive but nice. I think it's worth it. I'll be gyming alone here...no Junrong..



Spot the Klaus.

No comments:

Post a Comment